Our veterinarians can diagnose and treat a variety of ocular (eye) diseases. It is very important to have your pet's eye checked if there is any indication of redness (Red eye), discomfort or loss of vision. We offer and use a variety of testing moralities including :
- Extra and intra-ocular exams
- Schirmer Tear testing
- Fluorescein corneal staining
- Intraocular pressure testing - (screening test for glaucoma )
Some of the common eye diseases we see include:
- Corneal ulcers or scratches.
- Dry Eye (Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS))
- detached retinas
- eyelid tumours and other neoplasia
Some serious or complex ophthalmology cases may require referral to an eye specialist.